March Recap: What I Loved and What I Didn’t
4 април, 2018
I am actually amazed by how quickly March has come and gone. This week’s post was going to be a different one but it dawned on me that it is, in fact, the end of the month (because of Estee Lalonde’s favourites video, really). This should have been more obvious since payday was just a few days ago, but I guess I am not as smart as I like to think that I am.
This past month was hectic, to say the least. In the middle of the month there were 2 days which combined all of the possible physical states of the water – it was snowing during the night, then there was sun, which melted the snow, then there was rain, then there was that weird state when it is raining tiny icicles and it literally hurts your face, and then there was more snow, because why the fuck not.
I am going into April feeling hopeful that the weather will finally be appropriate for the season; I am hoping that there won’t be anymore snow or icicles or whatever. I just want to wear my leather and suede jackets, okay?
- Starting with my absolute favourite thing for the month of March – my boyfriend started going to the gym and eating on a schedule, which I LOVE, because I don’t have to wonder constantly what to have for dinner. It would either be what he is having, or a salad or something. Such a big win, honestly.
- Getting behind the wheel for the first time in my entire life. Okay, I did expect it to be more stressful than this, but I did realise that I need to pull that natural energy that I have back a bit.
- The rubber thongs I have. And no, not as in lingerie, that would be weird. I am getting very excited by very home-y things, which if you told me 2 years ago that would happen at any point of my life – I would laugh. Boy, oh, boy I would laugh so hard that I could save the tears from my eyes in a mason jar. But it happened. I am excited by kitchen thongs I got for about a dollar.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear in 021 Beige Jasmin. I add it as a favourite, because it is gorgeous and the colour is spot on on my pale, neutral-toned skin. That being said, I am having some issues with it, which I am trying to fix by changing the moisturiser and primer, so bare with me before I give my full review of it.
- Aussie haircare. WHY DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME HOW MAGICAL THIS THING IS? Honestly. I am IMPRESSED! There was a noticeable difference in my hair after the first use. The only other things that’s ever worked this miraculously is the conditioner that comes in the box of my Wellaton dye. I never get complete sets, because I have many issues with my hair that need to be targeted. I opted for the 3 MINUTE MIRACLE Reconstructor deep treatment for damaged hair, because I dye my hair and, yes, it is damaged; and the Frizz Fixer conditioner because my hair gets very frizzy no matter whether it dries on its own or I blowdry it, and I need help with that.
I have been abusing the coat I got for about €15 from New Yorker every day that the thermometer has barely passed 10 degrees. There are some minor issues, like the stitching, they didn’t flatten it up before adding the lining and it looks a little off and it protrudes a little where the sleeve meets the shoulder, but it is nothing too major for the price (I am waiting for the moment I am going to rip it apart and fix it)
My vintage Pull&Bear jeans also got a lot of wear (I don’t have a picture of those, soz), which are pure cotton and are suuuper thick. They kind of give me a tiny wiener when I sit down, but whatever, they are just perfect for winter.
You know things are going down when there is a whole category dedicated to it. Starting with the absolute shit weather that I briefed on in the beginning of this post, I would say that the Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Ultra Smoothing Primer was the second worst thing this month. I did try 2 samples of it, which the generous lady at Sephora gave me, and I am not impressed.
I don’t usually wear a primer religiously, but I cannot tell you how weird this one felt. I tried leaving it in some time to really soak in, and it just stays on top of my skin. It is very smoothing and feels really nice (I like that silicone feeling), but my foundation just slips over it and looks awful in a couple of hours. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but if it did work for you – tell me your secrets. Maybe I am using it wrong? I tried applying with my fingers, with a brush, I haven’t tried a sponge, but I don’t feel like trying anymore. My foundation just looks better without it.
BioKARITE Serum Hydration intense – It pills, it smells weird, and it has glitter. Hit me up over at email@example.com if you are one of the people who decide to put glitter in skincare, because I really need to have a talk with you.
The L’Oreal Infallible Lip Paint/Lacquer in Dark River – Okay, I’ve had this since autumn, actually, and I didn’t like it then. I wanted to wear it in March, and didn’t like it now either. It is sticky and splotchy, and it just doesn’t look good. Maybe it is just this colour, maybe it was a bad batch, I don’t know. I want to try one of the nudes, but I have a bad feeling already, which is why I am postponing it.
What was your most favourite and unfavourite product/thing in March? Let me know in the comment section below!
Follow me for more:
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. All of the products have been bought by me, unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.