February Recap: Favourites and Non-Favourites
March 3, 2018
February is over and it is time to recap the things that have happened and have been loving in the past month or so. As well as some unfavourites.
- Of course first would be the new and improved The December Dame: I changed my blog design! I am so happy with how it looks now, although I still have to fix some things. Let me know what you think of it in the comment section below! P.S. Those are my eyes on the logo.
- My parents came to visit me this month. My mom has never visited me since I left to Sofia for university and it was so nice having them here.
- I have also been enjoying Instagram stories a lot. Contrary to my initial belief, I am also enjoying this posting every other day schedule that I have going on. I do skip the odd day here an there, but I am going strong. If you don’t yet follow me on Instagram, you can do so from here.
- My toothbrush. I know that this is the weirdest thing to add in a favourites, but I am in love with it. It is the Oral-B Smart 4 4000 toothbrush, and it makes such a difference!
- I can’t really go without mentioning my HUDA Beauty Textured palette rose gold edition, can I? I mean, it is absolutely perfect. It is the best mix of colours for a first high-end palette. I have been looking for the ‘perfect’ palette for months and I am pretty sure I found it! I haven’t used anything else since I bought it, really.
- The Bioten 3D Hyaluronic Antiwrinkle eye cream has upped my concealer game a lot. I notice much less creasing. This is really the first time I use an undereye cream religiously, so I opted for a cheap one. Please, give me some recommendations on great undereye creams.
- Seventeen lip crayon in ‘Heartbreaker’. Perfect berry shade for a ‘just bitten’ lip look. I use it just on the inside of my lips and blend it with my finger and it is just such a pretty wash of colour. But you can also use it as a lipstick, as it is quite pigmented and hydrating.
- L’Oreal Paradise Extatic mascara. If you have read this first impression/review, you would know that initially I was pretty ‘meh’ about this mascara, but I really love it now. I guess I wasn’t used to the giant brush. Who knows?
- NYX Epic Ink liner. This is another product which I initially didn’t like, mainly because I am not used to using a pen-type eyeliner. I am used to the thin brushes and basically can’t use anything else. Also, this eyeliner is suuuuper runny when it is brand new and is super hard to get it to work nicely, but after a week it gets better. I love it, though. It is a waterproof formula (I can’t vouch for that, though, it smeared when I was cry-laughing), but otherwise – it really doesn’t budge, doesn’t flake, and you can’t feel it on your eye. It is also one of the blackest formulas I have found, and I have tried a lot.
- Kat von D everlasting liquid lipstick in ‘Damned’. I bought mine when I went to Florence last year, as Kat von D wasn’t yet sold in Bulgaria. I wouldn’t say it is the most comfortable matte formula, but it is really long lasting. Also ‘black cherry’ is the best way you can describe this colour and I love my dark lipsticks.
The heavy snow and cold weather in the past couple of days have me love my boots and winter jacket. The boots I bought from CCC (can’t find them on the website) in December and are dark red Timberland dupes. A few years ago I was gifted this handmade scarf, which is the warmest and comfiest thing in the world, as it doesn’t suffocate me when I am with my giant winter parka.
I don’t really love winter fashion-wise. I have around 5 sweathers and I basically live in them for the whole season. I am an outfit repeater and I am not embarrassed, lol
As an unfavourite, I would definitely put the Bioten Revitalise my Lips lip balm from this post. You can head over there to see why i didn’t love it.
Now is your time to share what you loved or hated in February. Link your posts in the comments, or just tell me the products you loved!
Where else to find me:
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. All of the products have been bought by me, unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.